Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thangsgiving!

Hey everyone! You'll be glad to know that I was able to celebrate Thanksgiving this year. I almost thought it wasn't going to happen, but Kevin rallied us together at the last minute. I believe his words were, "I am currently undefeated at Thanksgiving and don't want to break my winning streak, so let's make Thanksgiving happen."

So how good could a Thanksgiving meal be, when cooked by five guys who, at previous Thanksgivings, had barely lifted a spoon to serve ourselves? Actually, not bad. We went with the divide and conquer approach: each of us choosing a separate dish and making it happen. And in the end, we had quite a spread: turkey (duh), two kinds of stuffing, two big pots of mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes and marshmallows, homemade cranberry sauce, gravy, some sausages, rolls and apple pie a la mode.

And though it took me a little while to track it down, we were able to have the epic battle for wishbone supremacy.


I'd feel sorry for him, but I think they both wanted the same thing anyway.

That's all for now!

1 comment: