Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Yoink!

Today was interesting. I finally received my scholarship money, so I decided to celebrate by making some Tacos!! They were delicious, if a bit interesting; You see, apparently die Deutsche don't really like things spicy, so the salsa I bought was like a sweet tomato sauce. Also, I couldn't find just ground beef, but instead a ground beef/pork mixture. That actually wasn't so bad, as it turned out.

Also, when I was washing up, I had to grab the dish soap that was sitting next to one of my flatmates. As I did this, I said "Yoink!", as I usually do in situations like this. Of course, this didn't really translate all that well, so what followed was a twenty minute conversation where I tried to explain to him (in my rather imperfect German) the grammatical complexities of "Yoink". That, my friends, was a very amusing conversation:

Tshue: But wait, I wasn't using it, you were free to take it!

Me: No, I wasn't really asking for it, I was just, well, "Yoinking" it...

It got to the point where I was questioning my own knowledge of Yoinking. It's like when you repeat a word so many times that you no longer think it's even a word...

2 comments:

  1. thats awesome man. I am so happy that you are having a great time. I am also happy your finally starting to find your liver :). Drink me some bier and eat me some rockin sausage! lol. miss you man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHA you crack me up :) That sounds like one fun conversation!!

    ReplyDelete